How to Join MAATJ
- MAATJ is one of the officially affiliated regional organizations of American Association of Teachers of Japanese (AATJ).
- You can join MAATJ by becoming a member of AATJ.
- Membership in AATJ is on a calendar-year basis (from January 1 to December 31 each year) and entitles you to many benefits. Please see the list from HERE.
- Please join AATJ/MAATJ from here:
Why Join MAATJ?
- You will receive AATJ and MAATJ Newsletter and other information including job announcements, scholarship/grant information.
- You can sponsor National Japanese Honor Society for your students.
- Your students can participate in the annual Nengajo contest.
- Your students can participate in the haiku contest sponsored by MAATJ.
- You will be informed of upcoming foreign language conference, meeting, etc. in the Washington metropolitan area.
- You can network with other teachers for support, sharing and friendship (all levels from elementary to college level teaching).